Sunday, September 23, 2007

Reheading cabbage - proof

Remember when I told you that if you cut off the head of your cabbage but left the plant in the ground that it will rehead? Remember?

And remember how you said to yourself, whatda know... but didn't really believe me? Or believed me but didn't bother to do it yourself?

Well check it out:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You should be able to see four or five mini-cabbages in this picture.

Here's a close up of one and my rather large, rather mannish hand.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Perfect little side dishes.

Links:

The before post

5 comments:

kate said...

Now that is an idea worth remembering. The new cabbage heads look delectable ... I love that colour of green.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cabbage head trick.
I will be using that next year when my veggie garden goes in. Right now I just have tomatoes, gourds and herbs.

Unknown said...

They are actually very cute, too!

Anonymous said...

I like this too, it's a neat trick. Next time I grow cabbage...

Val said...

Oh wow!..You have a little community here too..me wanna play too..lol..Definatly will grow the cabbages next year...the colours are lovely. I like the purple ones.
Will you have any seeds Telsing.?