Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Snow stick - the movie

Here is a clip of the snow melting in Ottawa.



But don't be putting on your gardening gloves just yet. This is Maddening March and no sooner do you think it's spring then they (whoever they are are) will send you a blizzard.

I enjoy driving myself crazy by watching the 14 day weather forcast which is about as accurate as if I went outside and said, 'hmmm the catepillars are a bit more fat than last week, bet they'll be two days of limited visibility 10 days from now.' Okay so they are a 'bit' more accurate but, and this is a personal psychological flaw, I interpret them unevenly.

If it says that we are going to be experiencing above seasonal temperatures 5 days from now, I'll look forward to it until of course those temperatures moderate and we end up with slightly cooler than average temperatures on those looked forward to 'warm days'. However, when it predicts extreme weather, I just shrug it off and say, ah, it'll probably pass by us. My problem really.

Anyhow, it was in the double digits today but they have been variably predicting snow in the near future. We'll see.

Links

The Weather Network - 14 day forcast

No comments: